- A simple type of daily meditation may alter the course of Alzheimer's November 16, 2018
Simple mind-body practices altered potential cell aging and Alzheimer's biomarkers. The changes linked directly to improved cognition and other functions.
- Parkinson's disease: Scientists find new target to destroy protein clumps November 14, 2018
In Parkinson's disease, toxic protein clumps accumulate in the brain's motor region. A study shows how targeting an enzyme could prevent this.
- How a key protein boosts memory, learning in the adult brain November 8, 2018
New research reveals that a protein that helps make connections between neurons in the developing infant brain also strengthens them in the adult brain.
- Alzheimer's: Artificial intelligence predicts onset November 7, 2018
A deep learning algorithm trained to analyze brain scans accurately predicted who would develop Alzheimer's more than 6 years before diagnosis.
- How coffee protects the brain November 6, 2018
New research reveals what gives coffee its protective properties for brain health, and why it can help keep Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease at bay.
- Alzheimer's may be treated with diabetes drugs November 5, 2018
New research suggests that targeting the brain's capillary cells with antidiabetes drugs may relieve Alzheimer's-related brain pathologies.
- Loneliness tied to a higher risk of dementia October 31, 2018
A 10-year study of 12,000 diverse older adults finds that loneliness, independently of social isolation, is tied to a 40 percent higher risk of dementia.
- Eye scan may detect Alzheimer's disease in seconds October 30, 2018
It may soon be possible to diagnose Alzheimer's in a matter of seconds using a noninvasive eye scanner that simply examines a person's retina.
- The signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease October 26, 2018
Parkinson’s disease is a neurological condition that affects a person in many different ways. Tremor is a well-known symptom but not the only one. Find out more.
- How does stress affect the brain? October 25, 2018
Stress can affect every aspect of our mental and physical health. A new study now shows just how exposure to stress can impact memory and brain volume.