- Is it Alzheimer's disease or another dementia? July 27, 2017
New, noninvasive method may help with diagnosis.A new method may help determine whether a person has Alzheimer's disease or frontotemporal dementia, two different types of dementia that often…
- How physical exercise prevents dementia July 25, 2017
Numerous studies have shown that physical exercise seems beneficial in the prevention of cognitive impairment and dementia in old age.
- Alzheimer's: New brain cell loss mechanism uncovered July 24, 2017
The discovery could 'spur a new area of Alzheimer's disease research,' say the scientists, who found a new pathway of neuronal loss in the condition.
- Setting the record straight: Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) do not cause dementia July 24, 2017
Several studies have reported associations between proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) use and dementia.
- Steering an enzyme's 'scissors' shows potential for stopping Alzheimer's disease July 21, 2017
The old real estate adage about "location, location, location" might also apply to the biochemical genesis of Alzheimer's disease, according to new research from the University of Briti …
- Dementia: Nonmedical approaches are effective July 20, 2017
One in 3 cases of dementia can be prevented by managing key lifestyle factors, such as engaging in more physical exercise and social activities.
- Why are scientists redefining Alzheimer's disease? July 20, 2017
The traditional view that protein buildup in the brain causes Alzheimer's disease is being challenged, and new evidence brings hope of novel drug targets.
- Alzheimer's: Can a challenging job and exercise keep the condition at bay? July 20, 2017
New studies reveal links between complex tasks in early life, targeted physical and brain training in later life, and levels of cognition.
- New discovery in MND and dementia could pave the way to novel treatments July 19, 2017
New discovery in motor neurone disease and dementia could pave the way to novel treatments.
- Blood screening tests could predict Alzheimer's disease July 19, 2017
Blood screening tests to detect levels of an Alzheimer's disease marker in the blood may help to predict disease risk and even work to prevent it.