- African plant extract offers new hope for Alzheimer's June 22, 2017
A plant extract used for centuries in traditional medicine in Nigeria could form the basis of a new drug to treat Alzheimer's disease, researchers at The University of Nottingham have found.
- Computer-designed antibodies target toxins associated with Alzheimer's disease June 22, 2017
Researchers at the University of Cambridge have designed antibodies that target the protein deposits in the brain associated with Alzheimer's disease, and stop their production.
- Extra-virgin olive oil may prevent Alzheimer's June 21, 2017
A new study investigates the effect of extra-virgin olive oil on cognitive decline and brain inflammation in people with Alzheimer's disease.
- Study identifies potential biomarker for Alzheimer's disease June 14, 2017
In one of the largest studies to date to use metabolomics, the study of compounds that are created through various chemical reactions in the body, researchers have been able to identify new…
- Western diet increases Alzheimer's pathology in genetically predisposed mice June 14, 2017
Obese mice with a particular version of a gene strongly associated with Alzheimer's disease (AD) in humans show increased Alzheimer's pathology, according to new research published in eNeuro …
- Chronic pain linked to increased risk of dementia in study of older adults June 7, 2017
Researchers at UC San Francisco have found that older people with persistent pain show quicker declines in memory as they age and are more likely to have dementia years later, an indication that…
- Detecting Alzheimer's disease before symptoms emerge June 1, 2017
Long before symptoms of Alzheimer's disease become apparent to patients and their families, biological changes are occurring within the brain.
- Researchers discover new 'GPS' neuron June 1, 2017
An international research team led by UvA researchers Jeroen Bos, Martin Vinck and Cyriel Pennartz has identified a new type of neuron which might play a vital role in humans' ability to navigate …
- How do dreams affect brain disorders? May 30, 2017
Research provides further insight into the science of dreams. Scientists find that dream dysfunction is an early sign of neurological disorder.
- US death rates from Alzheimer's disease increased 55 percent from 1999 to 2014 May 26, 2017
Death rates from Alzheimer's disease (AD) increased 55 percent between 1999 and 2014, according to data released today in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.