- Alzheimer's: Protecting 'powerhouse' of cells may fuel new treatment January 23, 2018
A new study provides further evidence that exposure to a highly toxic form of amyloid beta injures mitochondria and triggers early events in Alzheimer's.
- Anxiety may be an early sign of Alzheimer's January 12, 2018
New research has linked increasing symptoms of anxiety in older adults to higher brain levels of beta-amyloid, a protein linked to Alzheimer's disease.
- Mild cognitive impairment 'treatable' with regular exercise, say experts January 3, 2018
Updated American Academy of Neurology guidelines say that regular exercise may improve memory and thinking in people with mild cognitive impairment.
- Alzheimer's: 'Triple-action' diabetes drug shows promise as treatment January 2, 2018
A type 2 diabetes drug that activates three growth factor receptors achieved significant reversal of memory loss in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease.
- Walk 4,000 steps every day to boost brain function December 28, 2017
Cognitive decline is a distressing experience, but there may be an easy way of keeping your brain healthy. Just take a moderately long walk every day.
- Could blueberry vinegar tackle memory loss? December 20, 2017
Blueberry vinegar could benefit people with dementia, say researchers, after finding that the fermented product improved memory in mice with amnesia.
- Why do older people forget overnight? Study investigates December 19, 2017
A new study has suggested that uncoupling between slow waves and spindles in non-REM sleep may be the cause of overnight forgetting in older brains.
- Ten benefits of shilajit December 16, 2017
Shilajit, also called mineral pitch, is the result of a long process of breaking down plant matter and minerals. Learn about the potential health benefits.
- Canola oil may worsen memory December 7, 2017
A diet supplemented with canola oil worsened memory and led to weight gain in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease, researchers report.
- Could an existing oxygen therapy treat Alzheimer's? December 7, 2017
Researchers have shown that hyperbaric oxygen therapy alleviates some physical and behavioral symptoms of Alzheimer's in a mouse model of the disease.