- A simple type of daily meditation may alter the course of Alzheimer's November 16, 2018
Simple mind-body practices altered potential cell aging and Alzheimer's biomarkers. The changes linked directly to improved cognition and other functions.
- Interaction between immunity and gut bacteria influences aging November 15, 2018
A disrupted immune system can upset gut bacteria in ways that can lead to cell damage and tissue changes associated with aging, study finds.
- Using community choirs to boost well-being November 15, 2018
Loneliness is a significant and growing problem. A recent study investigates the effect of belonging to a community choir on well-being in older adults.
- To what extent do our genes really dictate longevity? November 8, 2018
The genetic traits that we inherit may indeed influence how long we are likely to live. But are they the most important factor? A new study investigates.
- What is empyema? November 5, 2018
Empyema is when too much fluid collects in the pleural space in the lungs. Learn about the symptoms, stages, and possible causes here. We also cover treatment options.
- Alzheimer's may be treated with diabetes drugs November 5, 2018
New research suggests that targeting the brain's capillary cells with antidiabetes drugs may relieve Alzheimer's-related brain pathologies.
- Loneliness tied to a higher risk of dementia October 31, 2018
A 10-year study of 12,000 diverse older adults finds that loneliness, independently of social isolation, is tied to a 40 percent higher risk of dementia.
- Eye scan may detect Alzheimer's disease in seconds October 30, 2018
It may soon be possible to diagnose Alzheimer's in a matter of seconds using a noninvasive eye scanner that simply examines a person's retina.
- 'Anti-aging molecule' could improve liver and kidney treatments October 29, 2018
Blocking an enzyme that limits the activity of the 'anti-aging molecule' NAD+ could be a way to protect the liver and kidneys from damage, study suggests.
- Are gut bacteria the key to healthy aging? October 26, 2018
Research presented at the London Microbiome Meeting in the United Kingdom sheds light on this important question. Medical News Today report.