- Daily aspirin does not make for a longer, 'disability-free' life September 19, 2018
Daily low-dose aspirin does not help healthy older people with no history of heart problems live a longer dementia- and disability-free life, a study says.
- Key molecule explains why bones weaken with age September 19, 2018
New research reveals the molecular dynamic that explains why bones become more frail as we age. The findings may improve treatments for osteoporosis.
- Eating fiber can delay brain aging September 17, 2018
New research shows that eating fiber releases butyrate, a fatty acid that prevents brain inflammation and improves memory in aging mice.
- Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms in women September 12, 2018
Rheumatoid arthritis causes many symptoms, including joint pain and stiffness. In women, symptoms often start to appear between the ages of 30 and 50. Hormonal factors and other conditions, such as en …
- Fasting-induced anti-aging molecule keeps blood vessels young September 11, 2018
A ketone molecule produced by the body during calorie restriction keeps blood vessels young, staving off age-related chronic disease.
- Walking may prevent heart failure in senior women September 6, 2018
This first-of-its-kind study examines the association between walking and two different subtypes of heart failure among senior women.
- Dementia: 10-year risk estimates may inform prevention September 5, 2018
A new study provides 10-year estimates for dementia risk, focusing on age, sex, and genetic predisposition. This may lead to early preventive initiatives.
- Autoimmune arthritis: Types, symptoms, and treatment September 4, 2018
Autoimmune arthritis is the name for a group of arthritis types where the person’s immune system attacks itself. It contains some of the most common types of arthritis, including rheumatoid arthritis …
- Mediterranean diet shown to prolong seniors' lives August 31, 2018
An Italian study of thousands of people aged 65 and older finds that adherence to a Mediterranean diet is linked to lower risk of premature death.
- How does rheumatoid arthritis cause anemia? August 30, 2018
Many people with rheumatoid arthritis go on to develop anemia at the same time. This could be due to certain rheumatoid arthritis medications or to changes in the body that affect the production of re …