- Could tai chi reduce the risk of falls in older adults? July 27, 2017
A recent meta-analysis shows that tai chi, an ancient Chinese practice, might reduce the rate of falls in the elderly and at-risk population.
- Why does our skin age? July 26, 2017
Lines, wrinkles, and dark spots are all telltale signs of aging. Find out how time and sun exposure cause irreparable damage to our skin.
- Dog walking could be key to ensuring activity in later life July 25, 2017
A new study has shown that regularly walking a dog boosts levels of physical activity in older people, especially during the winter.
- Sarcopenia: Causes, symptoms, and management July 21, 2017
Sarcopenia is a condition characterized by loss of muscle mass. Learn about the causes and symptoms of this condition, and how it is diagnosed and treated.
- Dementia: Nonmedical approaches are effective July 20, 2017
One in 3 cases of dementia can be prevented by managing key lifestyle factors, such as engaging in more physical exercise and social activities.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica: Causes, symptoms, and management July 20, 2017
What is polymyalgia rheumatica, who does it affect, what are the causes, and how is it diagnosed? Learn about the different treatment options available.
- Why are scientists redefining Alzheimer's disease? July 20, 2017
The traditional view that protein buildup in the brain causes Alzheimer's disease is being challenged, and new evidence brings hope of novel drug targets.
- New findings suggest a genetic influence on aging into the 90s but not beyond July 20, 2017
Variants of a gene thought to be linked to longevity appear to influence aging into the 90s, but do not appear to affect exceptional longevity, or aging over 100, a new study has found.
- Alzheimer's: Can a challenging job and exercise keep the condition at bay? July 20, 2017
New studies reveal links between complex tasks in early life, targeted physical and brain training in later life, and levels of cognition.
- Presbycusis: Causes of age-related hearing loss July 19, 2017
Presbycusis the term given to age-related hearing loss. Learn about the causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention of this condition here.