Parkinson’s disease is a condition in which an area of the brain becomes progressively damaged over several years. The main signs of Parkinson’s disease are tremor, slow movement, stiff and inflexible muscles. There is currently no cure for Parkinson’s disease. However, treatments are available to help reduce symptoms and maintain quality of life for as long as possible.
- Parkinson's: How stem cells can help repair the brain February 18, 2019
A new review examines the past, present, and future of stem cell therapy for replacing damaged brain cells in Parkinson's disease.
- What role does the gut play in Parkinson's disease? February 11, 2019
A review of existing research has examined the evidence for a connection between the gastrointestinal system and the progression of Parkinson's disease.
- Are we facing a Parkinson's pandemic? February 3, 2019
The authors of a recent article are suggesting that the gradual rise in Parkinson's is a pandemic. They ask why this is occurring and what can be done.
- 13 early signs of Parkinson's disease January 3, 2019
People can sometimes miss the early signs and symptoms of Parkinson's disease, as they can be subtle and sporadic. In this article, we look at 13 signs of Parkinson's disease to look out for …
- Innovative brain implant could improve Parkinson's treatment January 2, 2019
A novel device able to both record and modulate electrical impulses in the brain may improve treatments for Parkinson's disease and related conditions.
- How coffee might protect against Parkinson's December 29, 2018
Over recent years, it has been clear that coffee protects against Parkinson's disease. A recent study tries to pin down the exact molecules involved.
- Parkinson's: Dietary compound moves toxic protein from gut to brain December 10, 2018
A new study describes how low levels of herbicide mixed with a common dietary compound can transport toxic proteins to the brain, causing Parkinsonism.
- What role do brain lipids play in Parkinson's disease? December 5, 2018
Researchers studying the connection between lipids and toxic protein levels have uncovered a new potential therapeutic target for Parkinson's disease.
- New brain region 'could be what makes humans unique' November 25, 2018
Using modern imaging techniques, a neurologist specializing in mapping the human brain has just discovered a previously unknown brain region.
- This is how your brain predicts future events November 22, 2018
The brain can react appropriately to differently situations partly because it can anticipate results based on cues it receives. But how does this happen?